Power Shed Log Cabins
Power shed log cabins have a 10 year guarantee on the timber. The 10 Year Guarantee covers timber against rot, decay, and insect infestation if the cabin is maintained in line with their maintenance guidelines.
In the unlikely event that a defect arises through proven timber failure as above, Power guarantees to make good or replace the timber or whole cabin in question.
Key terms and conditions:
- Guarantee applies to sheds and logs cabins purchased in the UK only;
- The product must be used with a suitable base – all sheds and log cabins need installing on a suitable firm and level base;
- The sheds must be re-treated inside and outside annually with a high quality wood preserver as per the maintenance advice, the log cabins must be treated immediately after installation with a high quality wood preserver as per the maintenance advice;
- Any windows/glazed doors on the shed must be suitably sealed with silicone or alternate water-tight solution.
Full terms and conditions
- This guarantee applies only to goods purchased from an authorised approved retailer or the PowerSheds.com website. If the item has been transferred from the customer to another individual or third party then the guarantee becomes invalid;
- This Guarantee applies to each and every Power Shed and Power Log Cabin purchased in the UK only, and not to any other products purchased from Power; its authorised retailers, or any other vendor;
- Any claim must be submitted in writing by the original purchaser to the supplying retailer within one month of the apparent defect becoming evident;
- Under the law, the Contract of Sale exists between the retailer and the consumer. Consequently, any claims made under this guarantee must be made through the retailer from whom the shed/log cabin was purchased. If your retailer is no longer in business then please contact Power on 01274 036 577;
- The claim must be supported by proof of purchase – original email confirmation or sales receipt;
- If the product in question has been discontinued and cannot be repaired then Power reserves the right to supply an equivalent alternative.
- We reserve the right not to honour claims under this Guarantee at our discretion, in any circumstances, which include, but are not limited to, the following:
- (a) the fault complained of relates to normal natural timber movement, maturing, or changes in appearance, including movement, warping, splitting, or appearance of knot holes or natural splits. This will not affect the structural integrity of the building and is therefore not covered by a guarantee;
- (b) the fault complained of is normal wear and tear which could reasonably be expected to result from the shed/log cabin being used in accordance with our instructions;
- (c) the fault is the result of any kind of accident, abuse, negligence or wilful damage whether by you or any other person, animal, weather event or otherwise;
- (d) the fault is the result of a force majeure event or act of nature beyond our reasonable control, including but not limited to fires, floods or natural disasters;
- (e) where you attempt to alter or repair the shed/log cabin (aside from applying preservers or Power approved recommended extras such as shelving) without our approval, consent or instruction;
- (f) Power’s installation instructions have not been followed;
- (g) the product has not been used with a suitable base – all sheds/log cabins need installing on a suitable firm and level base;
- (h) the product has not been re-treated annually (sheds), or immediately after assembly and annually thereafter (log cabins), with a high quality wood preserver as per the maintenance advice;
- (i) any shed windows have not been suitably sealed with silicone or alternate water-tight solution;
- (j) the product has come into contact with any trees or exterior walls which cold allow moisture to penetrate the timber;
- (k) the roofing felt/EPDM has been damaged or incorrectly fitted allowing water ingress.
- Following an approved repair, the guarantee will remain valid from the date of the original purchase;
- Upon seeking to claim under this Guarantee, Power may require you to supply photographs of the entire shed/log cabin and any visible fault. These photographs will be used to, in part, to determine whether a replacement is necessary. Power is the sole arbiter of whether the timber is faulty and qualifies for a replacement or repair under this Guarantee. Failure to send sufficient quality or quantity of photographs of the fault where Power has required you to supply same may result in a replacement or repair being delayed or the shed not being replaced;
- This Guarantee is in addition to, and does not affect, your statutory rights in relation to defective products as set out in clause 11 of our Terms, the Consumer Rights Act 2015, the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 and any other relevant consumer protection legislation from time to time in force in the UK;
- This guarantee is not transferable. The terms of this guarantee are governed by English Law.
uPVC Doors and Windows Guarantee
- The Manufacturers policy is one of continuous development and improvement and accordingly we reserve the right to alter specification without prior notice.
- To the best of our knowledge this product was in perfect condition when it left our factory. You are recommended to examine it before installation and check quality, accuracy of the components and quantity of the contents.
- Customers should note that claims for damage to glass, finish or shortages must be submitted to the vendor before installation or booking any tradesman. The manufacturer also reserves the right to disallow claims once the product has been installed. Failure to follow the recommendations set out in these instructions or to install in a manner not approved by the manufacturer may results in all or part of the product guarantee being null or void. This product is guaranteed by the manufacturer for a period of 10 years from the date of purchase and no other proposal or statement by any other party with supersede or complement this offer. Should any part of it become defective due to faulty manufacture or materials, it will be replaced free of charge (supply only, no fitting costs will be covered). Any parts supplied will have a guarantee term for the remaining period of the initial product guarantee stated previously. The product is not guaranteed against conditions of use or misuse. The 10 year guarantee is applicable to the frame and a 2 year guarantee is applicable to the glass units and hardware. When measuring all aspects of quality of glass please follow the Glass and Glazing Federation guidelines.
- The guarantee does not cover glass breakage however caused, or any fault arising from incorrect installation. Any replacement parts supplied, including assemblies, or completed products, are for DIY installation and no claim can be accepted for any costs however incurred for the installation of the replacement items.
- This guarantee is offered as an extra benefit and is in addition to and does not affect your statutory rights. Please retain your receipt as proof of purchase.