DELIVERY / PREPARATION /USEFUL INFORMATION
- A approximate date for delivery and installation will be given after 4 weeks of placing a deposit, either by phone or email.
- Assembly instructions are available to download from our website
- We cannot always give a specific time of delivery.
- There must be available parking, if there are parking constrictions please make us aware as this may incur a charge.
- Site preparation is the customers responsibility and the concrete base must be smooth and level.
- We need to be notified if there are any obstructions transporting the building to its destination. The shed is in panel form and needs a height clearance of approx 2.4m. We must be notified if the building needs to go through doors or any other height restrictions, angles, or turns.
- In the event of the site not being correct or prepared, we reserve the right to refuse to erect until the site is to our required standard, this will incur a charge. Of £150.00
- We recommend that the garden building be situated far enough away from the fence line to gain access all around it (0.6m – 1.0m) to enable it to be painted and maintained for any future repair.
- For sheds that are purchased only, we will phone you once the shed is in stock. If you have chosen for delivery also, then we can advise you on our delivery times
- Doors—standard doors on Apex sheds are hinged on the left hand side. Right hand hinge doors are available on request. Double doors on sheds are supplied with a galvanized pad-bolt or black japanned slide bolt instead of a lock and key. Double doors can only be fitted in sections at least 600mm larger that the doors. Some summerhouses may be supplied with hardwood doors at no extra cost, which will be darker in appearance. Summerhouse doors are 44mm thick.
- All sheds have different overall heights. Please check Eave and Apex heights of your order to ensure no problems with overall height when erected.
CAN MY ORDER BE PUT ON HOLD?
Yes, even with the best of intentions, things can happen that put a project on hold.
CARING FOR YOUR SHED
- Treat your building within 1 month of installation with a good quality wood preserver that repels water. Timber is a natural product and will vary with changes in humidity and temperature.
- We recommend our range of Eco friendly Protek wood care products. Our top of the range Royal Exterior gives you a 5 year protection and available in 52 colours. It is highly important to treat your building to waterproof it as much as possible.
- Doors and opening windows will expand and contract with changes in humidity and temperature, to minimize the risk of any problems ensure the windows and doors are treated with an appropriate product such as our royal exterior range
- Roofing felt is liable to some movement with changes in temperature which can sometimes result in a ripping effect. This is normal and will not reduce the quality of the felt. Felt will need to be replaced approximately every 5 years.
- Sheds are not fully waterproof , with heavy rainfall water can seep through window framings and doors. Please be assured this is normal and will dry out in due course. You may wish to silicone window beadings to stop water entering the building.
- Water coming off the roof can make the shed very wet in a rainstorm. Installing guttering to the edge of the roof can reduce this significantly.
- Condensation can occur in a shed and the best treatment for this is to allow airflow into the shed. This occurs when there is a warmer temperature difference inside the shed compared to the outside. The moisture will begin the process of evaporation, until it reaches the coolest part of the shed (normally the roof or windows) and then condenses into droplets and drips down to the floor again, therefore restarting the whole process again.
- Moisture and Mould Garden sheds can suffer from moisture and damp issues at certain times of the year. Wooden sheds are even more prone to these problems, as timber is a perishable material. Winter and Spring are the main times, when there may a high level of moisture in the air. This is caused by wet weather and damp conditions.
Effects of moisture are…
Mould on interior panels and roof
Warping and sagging of timber
- Preventing Damp Issues – To combat this issue, it is advised to allow the shed to vent as often as possible throughout the winter. This will enable fresh air to circulate around the building and stop moisture from building up. To do this, you can open the windows if you have them or leave the door open from time to time. It is also a good idea to not store wet or damp items in the shed, like garden tools or bikes etc… Try to dry them off before returning them to the shed. If you do get mould forming, it is advisable to remove it as quickly as possible with an anti-mould cleaner, before it penetrates and permanently damage the timber.
All buildings are supplied complete with floor (unless otherwise stated), polyester roofing felt, glass, trims and fixings. Roof purlins and trusses are supplied where necessary. Timber sizes stated are finished sized after machining. We reserve the right to alter specification at our discretion.
All sizes are approximate, based on external measurements, they do not include roof overhang etc. Please allow for any overhangs when choosing the size of your building, bearing in mind space required for installation and maintenance. We advise you check internal sizes if buying a building for a specific purpose. Planning permission can be required on some buildings depending on size and location. Check with your local council if unsure.
LxWxH = Length x Width x Height
FWxDxH = Front Width x Depth x Height
REF = Approximate imperial size—e.g 806 = 8ft x 6ft approximately
Buildings are supplied with a standard 12 month guarantee against faulty parts and labour. We recommend you check if your building is covered by your household insurance in case of storm damage etc.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
|A quotation is for information only and is binding on the seller only if and when it is incorporated into an order which the seller has accepted. The seller reserves the right to charge for carriage|
|All prices are subject to market fluctuations and the actual prices to be paid by the buyer shall be the seller’s prices ruling at the date of despatch. All credit card payments will incur a 1% surcharge.|
|Any times quoted for delivery are estimates only. The seller will use its best endeavours to comply with delivery dates without incurring any liability for failure to achieve such dates. The seller shall not be liable for any shortage in quantity delivered nor for any defect in the quality, nature or condition of the goods nor for non compliance with any specification unless the purchaser:-a) endorses the delivery document with details of the claim. b) retains for inspection all packaging materials relative to the claim.. Notifies the seller in writing of any claim for loss or damage before the expiry of seven working days after delivery. Goods will not be carried through or around premises. All items will be left at front of house.. If you wish to cancel your order a deduction will be made for admin and handling. The maximum refund given would be 70% of the total order value.|
|Unless otherwise agreed in writing the buyer shall be bound to accept goods ordered by him on notification that they are ready for delivery. If the buyer fails to take delivery the seller shall be entitled to treat the contract as at an end and resell the goods, or to invoice the goods whereupon payment in full shall be due forthwith.|
|The property of the goods shall not pass to the Buyer until the Buyer has paid to the seller the whole price therefore. The Buyer agrees that prior to the payment of the whole price of the goods the seller may at any time enter upon the buyers or any third party premises where the goods are stored and repossess the goods there from and that prior to such payment the Buyer shall keep the goods separate and identifiable for this purpose.|
|Payment for the goods shall be made on or before the date of collection/delivery/fitting in accordance with the terms between the buyer and the seller for the operation of the account between them. In the event that payment shall not have been made buy such date the seller shall be entitled to recover from the buyer interest on any outstanding balance at the rate of 2% above the Bank of England’s minimum lending rate for the time in force for the period from such date until the date of payment.
If the Buyer shall fail to make due payment of all monies due by the Buyer to the Seller on whatever account then until all such monies have been paid the Seller shall be entitled to withhold delivery of the goods or any part thereof and during such time the goods shall be deemed to be not available for collection. If the Buyer does or suffers to be done anything which might prejudice his ability to pay the full price he shall be deemed to have repudiated his contract and the Seller may without prejudice to his other rights accept such repudiation without notice as termination thereof. The Buyer shall take delivery or collect the goods within the time limit provided for under this contract; in the event that he fails to do so within such limit, the Seller shall be entitled to treat such failure as a repudiation of the contract and may without prejudice to his other rights accept such repudiation without notice as termination thereof. If access can not be gained due to height restriction / no clear access etc. not being advised beforehand 30% of the assembly charge will be retained for a handling charge
The seller will not accept any liability in respect of goods supplied which subsequently prove to be defective where such goods have been altered or used in a way contrary to:-accepted codes of practice instructions supplied with the goods
Defects affected by change in climatic conditions shall not be considered a valid reason for subsequent rejection after initial inspection within 14 days of delivery to the site
The buyer must determine and agree the specification design and construction of the product and accept full responsibility that it is adequate for the purpose intended. Where the contract specifies certain sizes and qualities these shall be subject to normal commercial variation except where changed by agreement with the seller in writing. It is the sole responsibility of the buyer to ensure the contract specification is suitable for his use requirements. Any alteration by the buyer in design dimensions, quantities, specifications or other items and any suspension of work due to the buyers instructions or lack of instructions will entitle the seller to change the originally agreed price and carriage charges.
Orders placed incorrectly by customer will incur a 25% handling charge. The exchange of incorrectly ordered goods is at the managements discretion
If the goods are incorrect due to an error on the sellers part, faulty or damaged a full refund or an exchange is guaranteed for customers returning or notifying the seller within 7 days of purchase/installation or delivery. The seller will not refund or exchange any items specially ordered, unless the good supplied are faulty or the buyers’ specification has not been met. Goods must be returned in the same condition/colour they were purchased in.
Where the goods are stored by the seller at the request of the buyer they will be delivered/collected and invoiced in accordance with the terms of the terms of the contract entered into. If through no fault of the seller the buyer has not taken full delivery by the agreed date the seller may charge rental until such time as final delivery/collection is made.
Risk of damage to or loss of the goods shall pass to the buyer when the goods are delivered as instructed by the buyer.
The seller shall not be liable for any failure or delay in the performance of its obligations to the buyer caused by Act of God, riot or civil commotion strike, lockout, fire, flood, drought, failure to obtain or shortage of raw materials or any other cause beyond its reasonable control.
The seller can not accept any responsibility for damage to underground pipework/cabling in such instances that any relevant drawings or written notification have not been made available prior to installation works